Live Connections, aimed at coaches, trainers, consultants, team leaders and anyone with an interest in working virtually, covers not only the familiar ground of dealing with annoying technical ‘glitches’, and even ‘tricky’ meeting attendees of various kinds, but also offers user-friendly tools and techniques in new areas of exploration, including:
- How to work with cross-cultural differences virtually, and run meetings that will be effective and engaging with people from a range of cultural backgrounds
- The tips and techniques that will help organisations to get ready for working virtually as part of a process of systemic culture change
- Communicating with powerful presence as a virtual coach, trainer or team leader – and using the mix of technology and psychology that will help you engage participants of all personality types
- The psychology of engaging and productive meetings – everything you need to know to stop dreading virtual meetings and start enjoying them.
Written by Fredrik Fogelberg, Jude Tavanyar and a respected team of virtual trainers and coaches, this book is packed with practical tips and techniques to enhance your performance as a virtual communicator meeting people ‘live’ online. There’s no need to be distant when communicating across distance.
THIS BOOK WILL HELP YOU:
- Gain confidence with the technology and ideas that make virtual meetings powerful and effective
- Design effective, interactive and enjoyable training and coaching programmes
- Learn how to work successfully across cultural differences, and with challenging clients
- Develop and fine-tune your ‘style’ as a virtual facilitator, enhancing your presence and impact
- Increase your skills and knowledge in supporting organisations towards working remotely.
What experts and clients say about this book …
‘A comprehensive and very practical book providing invaluable guidance to facilitators and consultants entering the field of virtual facilitation.’ Dr Ghislaine Caulat, Founder and Director of Black Gazelle Consulting Ltd and Associate Client Director at Ashridge Business School
‘Live Connections’ offers state-of-the-art theory and practices for conducting effective virtual business. The authors put their considerable experience to advantage in order to advance the discussion on this very timely topic.’ Ann Houston Kelley, Executive Coach, INSEAD
‘Live Connections’is simply a treasure trove. It is humane. It is light-hearted. And above all, it patiently makes the reader – and virtual facilitator – familiar with what works. As the authors say, “When people focus entirely on the task, they may forget to treat each other
like human beings”. This is the strength of the book. A must-read for all those who want to make a difference facilitating in the virtual space!’ Kaushik Gopal, Coaching Talent Manager and Centre for Creative Leadership, Asia
Click here to purchase the book.